Fisher and Paykel Innovation Story
I first perused through the list of companies Martin Turner has assigned to each student I was relieved to find I had been given a company I was already familiar with. Fisher and Paykel Healthcare is a company that I am able to relate to as growing up a person in my family faced health issues and some of the products F&P Healthcare designed, manufactured and sold were actually used in my own home. I know first hand the effect these products can have on a family. They allow patients to be treated in their own homes allowing emotional support from their loved ones to be there at all times. F&P Healthcare state, 'We will employ our research capabilities, technical skills and clinical partnerships to design and develop innovative products and therapies which assist healthcare professionals to provide the best possible patient care and outcomes'. I believe that it is their vision and commitment to both customers and patients that has made Fisher and Paykel Healthcare the successful and every growing company it is today.
In the last five years, F&P Healthcare has increased their operating revenue from 357.9 to 556.3 NZ Million. That is a total increase of 198.4 NZ Million (equivalent of 187.76 AUD Million). In just one year the total net after tax profit increased by 13 NZ Million. Now that is a very successful business year, and F&P Healthcare only plan for a bigger and brighter 2014. For further information on financial success throughout 2013 check out; http://www.fphcare.com/files/documents/investor-announcements/annual-interim-reports/2013/f-p-annual-report-2013-full/ .
Hi Katrina,
ReplyDeleteI never knew this information about Fisher & Paykel. I only ever knew the company as producing refrigerators and house hold appliances. You've really provided some great information on the company, well done. I look forward to reading further about your blog.
Hi Rachel,
DeleteThanks very much! Most people I have spoken to have only heard about Fisher and Paykel being an appliance manufacturer and distributor.
Another very interesting firm.
ReplyDeleteI think this kind of companies are going to grow more and more in the following years considering the ageing population in the developed countries. Providing families with ways to be treated of their illnesses at their own homes is a fantastic opportunity to make profit!
http://mfsanchezbarreraacct11059.blogspot.com.au/